Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bonnie Betanzos


Betanzos (pictured*) was among Spain's top 12 most beautiful villages according to an internet poll conducted by an unnamed national magazine earlier this year. It's well worth a visit if you fancy a quiet day out near Coruña.

The top 12 was as follows:

1. Albarracin (Teruel)
2. La Alberca (Salamanca)
3. Cudillero (Asturias)
4. Aínsa (Huesca)
5. Arcos de la Frontera (Cádiz)
6. Ronda (Málaga)
7. Morella (Castellón)
8. Pedreza (Segovia)
9. Santillana del Mar (Cantabria)
10.Ansó (Huesca)
11.Besalú (Girona)
12.Betanzos (A Coruña)

*Pic by Galidonia©2009

2 comments:

Jim Morrison said...

The only one I've been to so far is Besalu.
Nice blog, by the way. I will keep my eye on it as I am interested in Galician. I am also interested in Scots.

Galidonia said...

Thanks Jim.

Apart from Betanzos, I've also been to Besalú and also the Andalusian towns of Ronda and Arcos de la Frontera. All are well worth a visit if you ever get the chance.